Policies change from time to time, and you agree that they form part of this Agreement. Each time you use SYNE services you confirm your agreement to be bound by, and acknowledge any changes to, the Agreement (including the Policies).
You also agree to familiarise yourself with and comply with the Policies relevant to your use of the Site and the services provided under this Agreement (as may be amended from time to time).
You should access and read the information contained in other pages and websites referred to in this Agreement. By accepting this Agreement (including the Policies) you agree to be bound by it and to the User Agreements and posted terms and conditions on other websites operated by SYNE.
From time to time SYNE may amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Amendments will be published on the SYNE Site. Except as stated in this Agreement, in a Policy, or as otherwise notified to you, all amendments will be effective immediately.
Continued use of SYNE services following the publication of any changes to the Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes. You must terminate your membership with SYNE if you do not agree with such changes to this Agreement (or any SYNE Policies). If you continue to be a member of the SYNE Site after any such changes to this Agreement or any SYNE Policies, you will be considered to have accepted the amended terms as part of the Agreement.
The terms of this Agreement and any of the SYNE Policies cannot be amended, except as specifically described in or authorised by this Agreement, and only then in writing authorised by you and SYNE. In this Agreement a reference to “you” includes anyone acting on your behalf or with your express or implied authority. Any reference to this Agreement includes SYNE’s Policies, unless stated otherwise.
SYNE is a Venue and a Service Provider
SYNE is an online community crowdfunding platform and acts as a venue to allow members who comply with SYNE Policies to raise funds to fulfil their dreams of starting, running and growing their own business, to get projects started, or to raise funds for charitable projects.
SYNE allows individuals, groups and organisations (“Campaign Creators”) to list campaigns and raise funds through experiences, donations, and/or services (“Rewards”) to new and existing SYNE members (“Campaign Supporters”). SYNE is not directly involved in the transaction between Campaign Creators and Campaign Supporters.
SYNE has no control over the quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of Campaigns or Rewards listed, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Campaign Creator to complete the Campaign or Rewards, or the ability of a Campaign Supporter to actually pay promised monies.
SYNE cannot ensure that a Campaign Supporter or a Campaign Creator will actually complete a transaction. Consequently, SYNE does not transfer legal ownership of Rewards from the Campaign Supporter to the Campaign Creator. SYNE cannot guarantee the true identity, age, and nationality of a member. SYNE recommend that you check the member’s bio and history on the Site for background information and do your own research before providing funds.
SYNE is a venue and as such is not responsible or liable for any content, for example, data, text, information, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links posted by you, other members, or outside parties on SYNE. You agree that use of SYNE services is at your own risk.
Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Incentives, Items and Activities
You agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on, and regarding, SYNE and any and all data, text, information, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, “Content”) that you submit, post, and display on SYNE. Your Content and your use of SYNE shall not:
- Be false, inaccurate or misleading
- Be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items
- Be obscene or contain child pornography
- Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information Host images not part of a listing
- Infringe upon any third-party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- Violate this Agreement, any site policies, any community guidelines, any Campaign guidelines, or any applicable laws, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising) Contain items that have been identified by your local government as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall
- Be defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, or impersonate or intimidate any person (including SYNE staff or other users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
- Modify, adapt or hack SYNE or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with SYNE; Appear to create liability for SYNE or cause SYNE to lose (in whole or in part) the services of SYNE’s ISPs or other suppliers